Here are some things to know:
What's Medicare Advantage?
Who provides coverage?
Private insurance companies approved by Medicare.
How do you choose your providers?
You may need to use health care providers who participate in the plan’s network.
How much does it cost?
In 2017, the standard Part B premium amount is $134 (or higher depending on your income) ($134 in 2018). However, some people who get Social Security benefits pay less than this amount ($109 on average in 2017; $130 on average in 2018).
- You usually pay a monthly premium for your MA Plan (in addition to your monthly Part B premium).
- You may pay a copayment or coinsurance for covered services. Many MA plans offer vision, hearing, and dental coverage. Costs, extra coverage, and rules vary by plan.
- Plans have a yearly limit on your out of-pocket costs. Once you reach a certain limit, you’ll pay nothing for covered services for the rest of the year.
- Your out-of-pocket costs are typically lower in an MA plan. This option may be more cost effective for you.
- Learn more about costs for MA plans.